“An old fashioned fruit cobbler made with fresh or canned peaches. Delicious served with vanilla ice cream! If using canned peaches use juice from can instead of water.”
Original Recipe Yield 6 servings
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly butter a 9×9 inch glass baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- Spread mixture evenly into baking dish.
- If using canned peaches, drain thoroughly, reserving the juice. Spoon fruit over batter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar. Pour fruit juice or water over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 to 55 minutes. During baking the fruit and juice go to the bottom and the batter rises.
Amount per Serving: Calories: 262 | Total Fat: 8.3g | Cholesterol: 22mg