“Different flavor from the usual chicken fajitas, but very tangy! If desired, serve with warm tortillas, fresh picante sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, guacamole, rice and beans!!!”
(Prep Time: 10 Min – Cook Time: 20 Min – Ready In: 3 Hrs 30 Min)
Original Recipe Yield 6 servings
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 (.7 ounce) packages dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- In a large glass bowl combine the oil, vinegar, lime juice, and dry salad dressing mix. Mix together. Add chicken strips, onion and bell pepper. Cover dish and refrigerate. Marinate for 3 to 6 hours.
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Remove chicken, onion and bell pepper from marinade and saute in oil until chicken is cooked through (juices run clear) and onion is translucent.
- The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Amount per Serving: Calories: 257 | Total Fat: 18.8g | Cholesterol: 34mg